Club Penguin launched their annual Coins For Change Event today and it will run through January 1st 2014! Kids are encouraged to donate virtual coins that they earn while playing to ‘unlock’ the funding of 10 real-world projects that will share a $1M USD donation from Club Penguin.
Disney’s Club Penguin Holiday Charity Event Helps Kids Give Back through Online Play
Club Penguin Passes $10M USD Donation Mark with 7th Annual Coins for Change Event
Disney’s Club Penguin players are giving back through online play this holiday season in the seventh annual Coins for Change event. From December 19 through January 1, kids are encouraged to donate the virtual coins that they earn playing games in Club Penguin to ‘unlock’ the funding of 10 real-world projects that will share a $1M USD donation from Club Penguin. Through programs like Coins for Change, Club Penguin has given $10M USD to charities all over the world, further raising social consciousness among the more than 200 million players who take part in the online community.
Players will be able to donate their coins in order to fund projects that matter to them, such as:
· Toys and warm coats for kids in the United States
· A Clean water project for a community in Ecuador
· Club Penguin hospital packages for kids around the world
· Penguin nesting grounds in Argentina
· Andean Cat and Golden Woolly Monkey habitat protection in Peru, Argentina, Chile and Bolivia.
· The construction of an elementary school and education support programs for women and children in Africa
· Painted dog and lion habitat protection
· Protected areas for the snow leopard and saiga antelope
· Ten new libraries in Ethiopia and five reading spaces for kids in India
· New hospital wing to keep babies and mothers healthy in Malawi
Through Coins for Change, Club Penguin is also encouraging players to make a difference in their local communities this holiday season. When visiting the Coins for Change landing page (http://clubpenguin.com/cfc), players can learn how to donate to their local Toys for Tots organization. Additionally, they can join players from around the world and pledge a certain number of toys that they’ll donate to their community during the holidays.
As a result of the generous in-world contributions kids have made to Coins for Change over the years, Club Penguin has already helped an excess of one million people in more than 42 countries by funding projects such as:
· 22 schools built for over 20,000 children
· 40 school libraries built for over 50,000 children
· 33 playgrounds for over 85,000 children
· 35 clean water projects for over 55,000 children & families
· Youth engagement & education programs around the world for over 1,000,000 children & families
For additional information, visit http://clubpenguin.com/cfc.