KIDSPACE 2013 SUMMER CALENDAR
This Summer at Kidspace will Feature Dinosaurs, Farmer Days, and the First Birthday of the Galvin Physics Forest
Summertime is a full season at Kidspace Children’s Museum. Special events and activities all summer long will give families plenty of options to beat the heat, avoid summer learning loss, and enjoy the great outdoors. Among the many activities this summer is the first birthday of The Galvin Physics Forest which will take place the weekend of July 12-14, 2013. Here are a few of the special events that will be taking place this summer:
- Free Family Night - Tuesday, July 2, 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Admission to Kidspace is free from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m., July Free Family Night is sponsored by ScholarShare and TIAA-CREF and made possible by a gift from the Michael J. Connell Foundation.
- Galvin Physics Forest Birthday Celebration - Friday, July 12 to Sunday, July 14, A celebration of the first birthday of the Galvin Physics Forest with feature performances, special guests, as well as physics demonstrations, crafts, and activities.
- Free Family Night - Tuesday, August 6, 4:00 to 8:00 p.m., Admission to Kidspace is free from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m., August Free Family Night is made possible by a gift from the Michael J. Connell Foundation.
- Dino Days - Saturday, August 10 to Sunday, August 11, Explore a treasure of hands-on activities and experiences that will appeal to longtime fans and those who are discovering these remarkable creatures for the first time.
- Farmer Days - Sunday, September 1 to Monday, September 2, Celebrate the harvest season with themed activities, special harvest presentations, music, and performances. Don’t forget to say “Hello!” to the critters in the petting zoo from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. each day.
- Make Your Mark! - Sunday, September 1 to Monday, September 2, 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Become a permanent part of Kidspace by purchasing and painting a ceramic tile to be mounted on the wall of the S. Mark Taper Climbing Towers at Kidspace. Tiles are $25 each and tax-deductible.
- Flea Market - Saturday, September 28, to Sunday, September 29, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., each day, sell your gently used items, homemade goods, or even a talent at the flea market run by kids for kids! Pre-registration to be a vendor is required at kidspacemuseum.org and will open September 2. Registration is $10 and includes Museum admission for two people. Space is limited.
For more information about any of these events please go to: www.kidspacemuseum.org.
Post a Comment