“The El Capitan Theatre welcomes Mike and Sulley live on stage in a monster-sized event that promises cheers, chants, scares and spirit,” said Lylle Breier, senior vice president, Worldwide Special Events for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. “With cheerleaders and the MU Spirit Squad revving up audiences and the ‘Monsters University’ Drum Corps rocking the theater with on-stage drum battles—the pep rally creates a movie-going experience like no other.”
· The El Capitan Theatre will offer a special screening with prizes and giveaways, including special souvenir Real D 3D glasses for all guests, on June 20 at 8 p.m. and throughout opening weekend, while supplies lasts.
· An incredible original clothing collection inspired by “Monsters University” and designed by fashion design students at Otis College of Art and design will be on display at the Theatre throughout the film’s run. These designs—based on three characters from the film—Mike, Sulley and Art—are the result of a unique and exceptional educational collaboration between Otis College of Art and Design and Disney Consumer Products. The students were directed to design street wear with sustainability for extended use, both athletic and off court, and to reflect the character in the clothing without using the character’s image. The extraordinary designs incorporate recycled materials such as household mops, sponges and repurposed fabrics into their designs.
· The El Capitan Theatre will host Tiny Tot Tuesday on June 25 at 10 a.m. During this special screening of “Monsters University,” parents and small children can enjoy the movie in a Tiny Tot-friendly way––complete with lights dimmed rather than out and reduced sound levels.
· Also throughout this engagement, the El Capitan Theatre will feature Disney•Pixar’s Art of Animation display, giving fans a glimpse behind the scenes of the making of “Monsters University.”
· On select days, El Capitan guests may enjoy a special character breakfast with Sulley prior to the 10 a.m. show at Disney’s Soda Fountain & Studio Store. Seating is limited and reservations are required by calling 818-845-3110.
Daily showtimes are 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 4 p.m., 7 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Tickets are on sale now and available at the El Capitan Theatre (6838 Hollywood Blvd.), online at www.elcapitantickets.com or by calling 800-DISNEY6. Special group rates for parties of 20 or more are available by calling 818-845-3110. Showtimes are subject to change.